While most people do the right thing on public chat rooms and forums, sometimes a few people can spoil it for everyone. While the team at Modern Fishing take every measure to prevent these people from taking advantage of others there is no hard and fast method of achieving this on a public site.
So we ask you, the decent patrons of our website to be aware of possible threats and scams that might take place on the internet. Hope you enjoy your experience on www.modernfishing.com.au
- Don’t expose your personal information: ID’s, email, phone number, plate numbers, postal address, your backyard, members of your family, etc. You should never expose your personal details in text, photos or video clips.
- Don’t expose details about your boat safety system: alarm type, manufacture or model, where you keep your boat, where you will drive or leave your boat parked or stored.
- Don’t expose safety details about your boat stereo system or any other expensive equipment installed in your boat. Exposing details about your boat equipment and its value can attract potential thieves.
- Don’t expose any of above details in comments, chat, forums or on your shed page - even if someone ask you specific question about them.
- Be careful not to expose personal details about any of your friends or their boats and projects.
- Be aware that other members can ask you private questions in comments. Don’t answer on those if you think they could lead to abuse, discovery of your personal information or any type of scam or fraud. You should never give away your personal details to anyone.
- Be careful about people (members and users) who can present themselves as members of companies, groups or institutions. They could false present themselves with attention to collect your personal details, draw you in fraud or scam, or try to arrange meeting in order to take your car, equipment or other possessions.
- Don’t respond on abusive comments, harassments or inappropriate comments. Please report them to us as soon as possible, by clicking on “Report Abuse” button or emailing email@example.com .
- Don’t give your username or password to anyone. We will never ask you to provide us with your password, or any other personal details.
- Be aware of internet phishing and scams, as ‘identity thieves’ are everywhere. People can try to pull you into problematic situations, scams, steal your money, possessions, or personal information from you.